Italian repertoire coaching, culture and performance courses
Are you preparing for auditions or performances? Or just keen to improve your level of sung Italian? Join this year’s Veneto Opera Summer School to develop your skills and confidence in Italian repertoire with leading Italian Coach Matteo Dalle Fratte (ROH, NOS and GSMD), creator of the highly effective Melofonetica Method® – as featured in Opera magazine.
5-12 August 2018: Advanced and professional levels
13-20 August 2018: Improvers/all levels
- Benefit from in-depth language and music coaching using the Melofonetica Method to improve your Italian diction, expression and musicality – working on the arias or recitatives of your choice
- Develop greater confidence in performing Italian repertoire
- Perform for Italian audiences in historic venues (see below)
- Enjoy the cultural delights of Veneto – including a tour to the Prosecco vineyards of Valdobbiadene
- Relax in high quality, ensuite accommodation – breakfast and lunches included and all teaching onsite
We welcome applications from singers and accompanists aged 18 or over with prior experience of studying Italian repertoire. With over 30 hours of tuition, half board accommodation and cultural activities all included, these programmes provide outstanding value. For full details of fees, accommodation and how to apply, please download the course PDF in the ‘More info and apply’ link below or contact us. For views from last year’s participants, and photos, scroll down to watch the video and browse the photo gallery.
An enriching week for singers and accompanists
in the heart of Veneto
Perform for Italian audiences
Advanced and Professional participants will perform in an open-air concert in the prestigious ‘Giardini del Castello’ (Castle Gardens), in the iconic and picturesque hilltop setting of Asolo.
Improvers course participants will perform in the beautiful setting of Chiesa San Vito, one of Bassano’s most important churches.
This week has transformed not only my use of Italian, but my awareness of language in singing more generally.
Do this if you can! Matteo knows his stuff - the science & art of sung Italian. The right approach for theatre, singer, audience & conductor.
Thank you so, so much for organising this, it's the best singing course I've ever been on!
Right from the first day I felt like I understood the Italian language far better – and how to better help and guide singers