12–16 July and 19–23 July 2021
Join us online this summer to build your skills, knowledge and confidence in sung Italian
Choose from 12–16 or 19–23 July 2021. Each week includes over 20 hours of online masterclasses, a range of exciting workshops and coaching in Italian lyric diction and expression with our experienced coaches.
Led by renowned Italian Coach and Melofonetica Founder Dr. Matteo Dalle Fratte (Royal Opera House, National Opera Studio, Royal College of Music, Guildhall School, London).
Save £30 on fees when you apply by 21 May 2021!
As last year, we will donate £25 from each full-week enrolment to the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Coronavirus Appeal.
“My engagement with the text improved very quickly, it suddenly felt natural and expressive. I’m so pleased.” – Katy, professional soprano and online student
The programme includes:
- 2 webinars on The Melofonetica Method™ (75 mins each)
- 4 guided listening sessions (30 mins each)
- Study pack including pre-course reading
During the week:
- Welcome meeting: meet the team and your fellow participants
- 2 live Q&A sessions on The Melofonetica Method (30 mins each)
- 2 one-to-one Italian coaching masterclasses with Matteo Dalle Fratte (40 mins each)
- 3 one-to-one music coaching sessions (40 mins each)
- 4 vocalising sessions focusing on specific exercises for clear and idiomatic sung Italian diction (30 mins each)
- 6 special workshops, led by different members of our faculty (1 hour each):
- Working effectively with a pianist
- Working effectively with a conductor and orchestra
- Italian recitative insight
- Unlocking meaning in your aria: grammar tips for Italian repertoire
- Good CV writing for singers
- Exploring melophonetics in other languages
- Observe up to 9 other Italian coaching masterclasses (one per singer will be open to observers)
- Discover Prosecco: a special talk from award-winning prosecco producer Tenuta Amadio, live from the vineyard in Asolo
- Final live solo performances, feedback and end of course celebration
- Session slides
- Opportunity to perform in a live-stream concert for an Italian audience (TBC)
This week has transformed not only my use of Italian, but my awareness of language in singing more generally.
Do this if you can! Matteo knows his stuff - the science & art of sung Italian. The right approach for theatre, singer, audience & conductor.
Thank you so, so much for organising this, it's the best singing course I've ever been on!
Right from the first day I felt like I understood the Italian language far better – and how to better help and guide singers