Italian Arias and Songs: 19–24 July 2020
Join us online this summer to build your skills, knowledge and confidence in sung Italian
Over 20 hours of live online masterclasses, workshops and coaching with our experienced coaches, plus participation in our virtual chorus performance of Va pensiero. Open to singers and observers. Singers may bring any Italian aria or song.
Led by renowned Italian Coach and Melofonetica Founder Dr. Matteo Dalle Fratte (Royal Opera House, National Opera Studio, Royal College of Music, Guildhall School, London).
Apply by 15 May 2020 for early bird rates. £25 donation for every enrolment to the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Coronavirus Crisis Appeal. Contact us or download the PDF for more information:
“My engagement with the text improved very quickly, it suddenly felt natural and expressive. I’m so pleased.” – Katy, professional soprano and online student
Singer package includes:
- Welcome ‘aperitivo’: meet the team and your fellow participants
- 2 webinars on The Melofonetica Method® and Q&A (1.5 hours each)
- 2 one-to-one Italian language masterclasses with Matteo Dalle Fratte (40 mins each)
- 3 one-to-one music coaching sessions (40 mins each)
- 4 guided listening sessions (30 mins each)
- 4 vocalising sessions including coaching on Va pensiero lyrics (30 mins each)
- 4 special workshops (1 hour each):
- Recitative top tips
- Good CV writing for singers
- Working effectively with a pianist
- Exploring melophonetics in other languages
- Observe up to 9 other masterclasses (one per singer will be open to observers)
- The Big Italian Culture Quiz – a bit of mid-week fun!
- Final live solo performances, feedback and end of course celebration
- Participate in our Va pensiero virtual chorus performance
- Study pack including pre-course reading and session slides
Or attend as an observer:
- Join all group sessions listed above
- Ask questions
- Receive a study pack including pre-course reading and session slides
This week has transformed not only my use of Italian, but my awareness of language in singing more generally.
Do this if you can! Matteo knows his stuff - the science & art of sung Italian. The right approach for theatre, singer, audience & conductor.
Thank you so, so much for organising this, it's the best singing course I've ever been on!
Right from the first day I felt like I understood the Italian language far better – and how to better help and guide singers