Italian Arias and Songs: 19–24 July 2020
Join us online this summer to build your skills, knowledge and confidence in sung Italian
NOW FULLY BOOKED FOR SINGERS, OBSERVER PLACES STILL AVAILABLE TO BOOK ON A PER SESSION OR WEEKLY BASIS – SEE BELOW
Over 20 hours of live online masterclasses, workshops and coaching with our experienced coaches. Led by renowned Italian Coach and Melofonetica Founder Dr. Matteo Dalle Fratte (Royal Opera House, National Opera Studio, Royal College of Music, Guildhall School, London).
£25 donation for every full week enrolment to the Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Coronavirus Crisis Appeal.
“My engagement with the text improved very quickly, it suddenly felt natural and expressive. I’m so pleased.” – Katy, professional soprano and online student
Join as an observer:
Book your place as an observer for any of the below sessions. You’ll be able to ask questions and you’ll receive all relevant session materials. Get a complimentary place on any of our Italian coaching masterclasses when you sign up to our emails here!
Italian coaching masterclasses
Watch the Melofonetica Method in action as each singer focuses on diction, musicality and expression in their choice of Italian repertoire, coached by Matteo Dalle Fratte, Melofonetica Founder.
40 mins, one complimentary session for subscribers, further sessions £10
Wednesday 22 July, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30
Thursday 23 July, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 14:00, 16:00
60 mins, £15
- Working effectively with a pianist, led by Bernard Tan, Pianist and Coach and Julie Aherne, Pianist and Coach, Tuesday 21 July, 14:00
- Recitative top tips, led by Matteo Dalle Fratte and Peter Ford, Conductor and Coach, Wednesday 22 July, 14:00
- Good CV writing for singers, led by Julie Aherne, Thursday 23 July, 17:00
- Building character through text, led by Joe Austin, Theatre and Opera Director, Thursday 23 July, 19:00
- Unlocking meaning in your aria: grammar tips for Italian repertoire, led by Alessandra Fasolo, Italian Coach, Friday 24 July, 10:00
- Exploring melophonetics in other languages, led by Bernard Tan, Friday 24 July, 15:00
Webinars on the Melofonetica Method® and Q&A
Get an overview of the method and a new way to approach your Italian repertoire
90 mins per session, £15 or £25 for both sessions
Part 1: Consonants and vowels in sung Italian, Monday 20 July, 14:00
Part 2: Expression in sung Italian, Tuesday 21 July, 15:30
Vocalising in sung Italian
Tips and techniques for vocalising using all aspects of Italian diction
30 mins, £10
Monday 20 July, 16:30
Tuesday 21 July, 17:30
Wednesday 22 July, 15:30
Thursday 23 July, 15:00
Enjoy a critical listening of great performances in Italian based on the principles of the Melofonetica Method
30 mins, £10
Monday 20 July, 16:00
Tuesday 21 July, 18:00
Wednesday 22 July, 16:00
Thursday 23 July, 15:30
Or join as an observer for the full week (£275) and attend all sessions listed above, receive a full study pack including pre-course reading and join all social sessions (see course PDF for full details).
All sessions will be held via Zoom and times listed are UK time. Payment for sessions may be made via PayPal or bank transfer, full details will be provided upon booking. For any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Singer package includes: (now FULLY BOOKED)
- Welcome ‘aperitivo’: meet the team and your fellow participants
- 2 webinars on The Melofonetica Method® and Q&A (1.5 hours each)
- 2 one-to-one Italian language masterclasses with Matteo Dalle Fratte (40 mins each)
- 3 one-to-one music coaching sessions (40 mins each)
- 4 guided listening sessions (30 mins each)
- 4 vocalising sessions including coaching on Va pensiero lyrics (30 mins each)
- 6 special workshops (1 hour each):
- Recitative top tips
- Good CV writing for singers
- Working effectively with a pianist
- Exploring melophonetics in other languages
- Building character through text
- Unlocking meaning in your aria: grammar tips for Italian repertoire
- Observe up to 9 other Italian coaching masterclasses (one per singer will be open to observers)
- The Big Italian Culture Quiz – a bit of mid-week fun!
- Final live solo performances, feedback and end of course celebration
- Participate in our Va pensiero virtual chorus performance
- Study pack including pre-course reading and session slides
This week has transformed not only my use of Italian, but my awareness of language in singing more generally.
Do this if you can! Matteo knows his stuff - the science & art of sung Italian. The right approach for theatre, singer, audience & conductor.
Thank you so, so much for organising this, it's the best singing course I've ever been on!
Right from the first day I felt like I understood the Italian language far better – and how to better help and guide singers